At required we strive to create a great user experience. We thought about how to improve the WordPress admin and came to the conclusion that we need a better way to manage the core of the WordPress back-end: the admin menu.
This is our take on a simple, lightweight and unobtrusive WordPress admin menu manager. It works like a charm, doesn’t get in your way and doesn’t even require yet another settings page. So if you want a custom tailored admin menu for you or your clients, this plugin is perfect.
Pro tip: Admin Menu Manager works perfectly to get Jetpack out of the way.
You can drag menu items anywhere you want, even from the top level to a sub menu item and vice-versa. Isn’t that awesome?!
Check out this quick demo video of the plugin in action.
If you would like to contribute to this plugin, report an issue or anything like that, please note that we develop this plugin on GitHub. Please submit pull requests to the
Developed by required
- Upload the entire
/admin-menu-managerdirectory to the
- Activate Admin Menu Manager through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Use the “Edit Menu” button to modify the WordPress admin menu.
- Instantly love it.
What is the state of version 2.0?
Work was done on a major rewrite of the plugin to include many more features like
- Completely remove (and restore) menu items
- Edit existing menu items and their icons
- Add custom items to the admin menu
An alpha version was released back in 2017. Right now, work has stalled due to lack of time and resources. If you want to help out, please get in touch with us!
Contributors & Developers
“Admin Menu Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed: Localized menu items were displayed in English under some conditions.
- Fixed: Localized sub menu items didn’t work properly due do wrongly translated strings.
- Fix JS URL that made the plugin un-usable
- First release