Ajax Load More for SearchWP is a tiny extension that provides the functionality for returning SearchWP query results to Ajax Load More for infinite scrolling.
The extension works by providing a connection point between Ajax Load More and SearchWP and is available for users running at least Ajax Load More 2.13.0 and SearchWP 2.6.1.
- Activate plugin.
- Create Ajax Load More shortcode with a unique ID parameter.
- Add custom
alm_query_argsfilter to your theme functions.php – Learn More.
Uploading in WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Navigate to the ‘Upload’ area
ajax-load-more-for-searchwp.zipfrom your computer
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
- Extract the
ajax-load-more-for-searchwpdirectory to your computer.
- Upload the
ajax-load-more-for-searchwpdirectory to the
- Ensure Ajax Load More is installed prior to activating the plugin.
- Activate the plugin in the WP plugin dashboard.
What version of SearchWP is this plugin compatible with?
Requires SearchWP > 2.6.1
How does this work?
This extensions works by using the alm_query_args filter to pass values to the SWP_Query and then back to Ajax Load More.
How do I pass a search term to SearchWP
You can pass search term to your Ajax Load More shortcode. [ajax_load_more search=”My Search Query” id=”searchwp”]
Can I choose my SearchWP search engine?
Yes, when you add your
alm_query_argsfilter, you can specify a search engine.
$engine = ‘my_custom_engine’;
How do I highlight the search term in the search results?
In your Ajax Load More Repeater Template you can do the following, which uses the SearchWP Highlighter.
$excerpt = get_the_excerpt( $post );
echo alm_searchwp_highlight( $excerpt, $args );
Contributors & Developers
“Ajax Load More for SearchWP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Ajax Load More for SearchWP” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.2 – April 17, 2021
- UPDATE – Added support for highlighting the search term in SearchWP results with Ajax Load More. See plugin FAQs.
1.0.1 – November 28, 2016
- UPDATE – Updating SWP_Query to only return post IDs.
1.0 – November 25, 2016
- Initial Release.