BuddyTask is a WordPress plugin that allows the members of a community to manage their tasks and workflows by using a KanBan like board. BuddyTask deeply integrates with BuddyPress (2.5+) and offers the following features:
- Ability to add a KanBan like board in Buddypress Groups where all the members of a group can organize their tasks
- Ability to add a KanBan like board in any Post or Page by simply using the [buddytask] shortcode
- Ability to assign tasks to specific group members or registered users
- Ability to break down a task into multiple sub-tasks or todos in order to better track their completion
- Ability for the users to prioritize the tasks and their sub-tasks by simply using drag and drop
- Integrates with the notification system of BuddyPress in order to notify the users about any changes in their assigned tasks.
- Automatic calculation and representation of the percentage of completion of each task
- Automatic sync of the board among all its users in the background, without the need to refresh the page
This plugin is available in english.
You can download and install BuddyTask using the built-in WordPress plugin installer. If you download BuddyTask manually, make sure it is uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/buddytask/”.
Can I manage the permissions of the board and its tasks?
No, the current version of the plugin gives the same permissions to all users that are able to access the location (group, post, page) of the board. Permission management will come in a future version.
Can I have multiple boards in the same Page, Post, BuddyPress Group ?
No, the current version of the plugin only supports one board per Page, Post, BuddyPress Group. If you add multiple times the [budytask] shortcode to a Page or Post the same board will be displayed.
What happens when the due day of a task expires ?
Nothing, at the moment it is just a visual reminder. But that will change in the near future!
Can I have more the four columns or lanes ?
No, the current version only supports four lanes, but you can change their default names by clicking on them. Things may change in the future!
If you have any question
Use the support forum of this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyTask” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added a “Delete” button in the “Edit Task” dialog so that users can easily access that functionality.
- Added compatibility with BuddyBoss
- Initial version of the plugin