Campus Explorer is a free service that helps all types of students find the schools which best match their higher education needs. One of the ways this happens is through the Campus Explorer Widget.
This plugin is designed to allow partners of Campus Explorer to get up and running quickly with the Campus Explorer Widget. Instead of using the html embed code, which sometimes gets modified by the WYSIWYG editor, this plugin takes advantage of native WordPress features– the widget and the shortcode, for adding the Campus Explorer Widget.
Installing “campusexplorer” can be done either by searching for “campusexplorer” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- What is the plugin for?
This plugin is designed to allow partners of the Campus Explorer Widget to get up and running quickly. Instead of using the html embed code, which sometimes gets modified by the WYSIWYG editor, this plugin takes advantage of native WordPress features– the widget and the shortcode, for adding the Campus Explorer Widget.
- How do I use this widget?
First, make sure you are signed up as a Campus Explorer Partner. See next question for more information on that.
Enter your source code at Settings > Campus Explorer (/wp-admin/options-general.php?page=campusexplorer_settings) and hit “Save Settings”.
Now you can start configuring widgets at Appearance > Widgets. Find the Campus Explorer widget and drag it to a Widget Area. Update settings (or leave blank for default values) and hit save.
Or you can create a shortcode at Settings > Campus Explorer > Shortcode Builder. The shortcode without any custom settings is, you guessed it, [campusexplorer]. Enter custom texts and area of study and concentration if you need a more customized experience.
- Wait, I don’t have a source code. Where do I get one?
To learn more about Campus Explorer and how you can be a partner (and get paid), please visit http://search.campusexplorer.com/partnership.html.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Campus Explorer Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Campus Explorer Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Add ability to pass in default Area of Study and Concentration to the produced form from the url.
- Prevent inclusion in automatic CloudFlare RocketScript optimizations
- Fixes to silence PHP warnings.
- Added theme field to widget and shortcode builder
- Change ce-tracking data attribute to ce-tracking_code
- Initial release