This plugin allows the user to show a thumbnail of the featured image of a post along with the content (or excerpt, as configured through WP dashboard) of their posts, when they are read using the feeds that WordPress generate.
The development and manteniance of this plugin is sponsored by Cartograf
- Jose Alcántara
The development of this plugin has been funded by Cartograf, a consultancy company specialized in free software based in Madrid.
You may install this plugin following the next steps:
- Download the ZIP file.
- Unzip the file and upload the newly created folder with its contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Expecting more steps? We’re done now! Go enjoy your new image-enhanced feeds 🙂
- We plan to use our feeds to send mailing campaigns through popular mailing services as MailChimp (and similar services), is this plugin suitable for this?
Yes, absolutely, it is indeed.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Cartograf Featured-image in Feed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added the option to activate and deactivate the backlink to the original content wrapping the featured image inside the feed.
- Rename of plugin & files.
- Now the message within the backlink inserted with the featured image reads the name of the site from database. The message has been translated into english.
- First stable release.
- New thumbnail is generated, independent of any other thumbnail already present in the theme.
- Featured image is included in the feed, along with a link to the original site. We plan to make this link optional, when a few more options are available in the plugin.