The plugin requires zero configuration. Simply install and activate Clarity and obtrusive ads will disappear. Please see the
Frequently Asked Questions for information about how to troubleshoot or add new entries to the block list.
- PHP 7.0 or higher
- Upload the
- Activate the plugin (Clarity – Ad blocker for WordPress) through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You’re done!
Where is the settings page?
The plugin has no settings page, it works without any need to configure it. If you are still seeing some unwanted banners, see below.
Clarity works using a visual block list, similar to a browser ad blocker. Plugins have to be added manually.
You can create an issue to ask for a plugin to be supported.
You can also make a GitHub pull requst to the official block list –
in that case, add an entry to the
definitions.txtfile with a CSS selector that hides the notification.
Please create an issue and select “Ask for filter removal”.
Generally, your plugin must fulfill the following:
– Your notifications are shown only on an option page that belongs to your plugin, and nowhere else.
– Your notifications are shown only for Administrator role users.
– You have unique CSS classes to make it easy to identify different types of notifications that you use.
Contributors & Developers
“Clarity – Ad blocker for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Clarity – Ad blocker for WordPress” has been translated into 7 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Clarity – Ad blocker for WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Clarity receives regular updates to its block list. The versioning standard is
<major-version>.<minor-version>.<date-of-latest-block-list-update>. For example version
1.0.220201 means you are running version
1.0 of the plugin using the block list from february 1st, 2022.
You can always find the latest block list here. You can see the latest changes to the block list here.
- Improved performance with selector cache
- Fixed a bug on non-unix platforms
- Set correct textdomain for translations
- Added helpful links in the plugins list
- Initial release