This plugin provides a simple alternative to Google Maps and displays a customizable map on your website.
The service is based on OpenMapTiles, an open-source map and schema, which is hosted by our agency. We are in full control of the German-based server environment and thus don’t log any kind of personal information. You don’t need a contract in any shape or form and our service is fully GDPR compliant.
The usage of CLICKSPORTS Maps is completely free for private and charitable use. The only thing we require you to do is registering your website domain with us so we can activate the service for your website.
Business customers are charged a small monthly fee to use our service on their website.
Demo & Details
For details about the service, registration, and a demo please check out our blogpost.
- English – Default
- Download this plugin and rename the extracted directory to ‘clicksports-maps’.
- Upload the entire directory to the plugin directory and activate the plugin.
- Settings and shortcode instructions can be found under “Settings, CLICKSPORTS Maps”.
I have a personal or charitable website, do I need to register with you?
Yes, you need to register your domain with us in order to use our map service. It will be free of charge.
Get in touch with us via our website.
I have a business website, do I need to register with you?
Yes, a small monthly fee will be charged. Get in touch with us via our website.
Are there any map themes to choose from?
Yes, we currently provide 3 different map themes and customizable color for the map marker.
I can’t choose any map themes, the select field is empty.
Please make sure the setting ‘allow_url_fopen’ is enabled by your hosting configuration. This is neccessary because all map styles are loaded from our server. Ask your hosting provider for details on how to change this setting.
Can I display multiple markers on a single map?
Yes, you can create multiple map markers and display all of them on your map.
Can I display multiple maps on a single page?
No, unfortunately this is not supported at the moment. You can, however, display individual maps beyond the global settings on another page.
See the settings page for shortcodes and details.
I tried the full width map feature, but it breaks my layout.
Support for the full width map option heavily depends on your current theme and is out of our hands unfortunately.
Where can I get the coordinates for my desired location?
You can use a service like Nominatim or LatLong.net to get
your coordinates for the map settings.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“CLICKSPORTS Maps” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“CLICKSPORTS Maps” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “CLICKSPORTS Maps” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tested up to WordPress 6.1.
- Fixed: Conditional loading of map styles was not working correctly under specific circumstances.
- Changed: Improvements for plugin settings page.
- Added: Conditional loading of map scripts.
- Added: Possibility to add links in popup markers.
- Added: German formal translation.
- Added: Option to disable conditional CSS loading.
- Fixed: Minor bugfixes.
- Fixed: Various fixes and internal improvements.
- Changed: Performance optimizations by loading map styles and scripts only when necessary, affecting both frontend and backend.
- Added: Accessibility measures for maps.
- Fixed: Various small fixes and translation updates.
- Changed: New design and layout for plugin settings.
- Added: Option to load map script in footer.
- Fixed: Empty settings could cause an error under certain circumstances.
- Fixed: Some backend validation functionality was partially called from the frontend which threw a critical error.
- Fixed: Validation errors.
- Changed: Map theme setting is now handled locally instead of being dependant on server response.
- Feature: Multiple map markers.
- Fixed: Various fixes and improvements regarding the plugin’s settings and security.
- Fixed: Settings link on Plugin overview page was missing.
- Fixed: Setting a map width within the shortcode could break the coordinates notation.
- Fixed: Several translation strings.
- Fixed: Shortcode settings weren’t overwriting global settings under certain circumstances.
- Fixed: Small adjustment for the shortcode example.
- Added: Route planning link in marker popup using Google Maps.
- Changed: Loading Mapbox scripts and styles from our CDN instead of embedding them locally (still fully GDPR compliant since we don’t log any requests).
- Fixed: CSS enhancements for plugin settings page.
- Fixed: CSS for marker popup that could lead to display errors with certain themes.
- Fixed: Script error on pages without any map.
- Initial release.