Product Page | Video | Demo | User Guide | AddOns | Additional CM Plugins
Enables you to upload, manage, track and support documents or files in a directory listing structure for others to use and comment.
The CM Downloads Manager is a file sharing plugin for WordPress that enables you to specify which users are allowed to upload, manage, track and support documents, media files and much more. The WordPress file management plugin organizes content in a directory listing structure that others can use and comment upon.
Each file uploaded with this file management plugin creates a unique landing page with a file preview, support forums and more.
The WordPress downloads manager plugin creates an index page which organizes downloads by categories. This index page can direct the user directly to all the download files.
The premium version of this multi file package enables users to secure files individually or in groups with password protection, or by restricting specific users.
The download manager plugin also has preview options for different file formats and for previewing music files before downloading.
With this downloads manager packages plugin, you can create a file sharing directory where users can upload and manage files, downloads, apps, add-ons, packages, plugins, and archives.
This WordPress file management plugin also easily integrates with various other plugins, such as payment platforms and Q&A forums.
Add-Ons & Extensions
- Plugin Directory – Creates a plugin directory that is similar to any other WordPress Plugins Directory.
- Download Counter – Counts the number of downloads for each download.
- Support forum – Supports your users by letting them vote and answer existing topics that relate to each download.
- Customer Support – Support for retail customer’s questions.
- File Manager – Manages files in a directory structure.
- MP3 and Music file directory – Manages music downloads and allow users to listen to audio files before downloading.
- Videos file directory – Manages video downloads and allow users to preview before downloading.
- Users Groups Permission – Manage user groups permission to access downloads.
- Charge for Downloads / Uploads – Charge users for uploading / downloading.
- Includes a download counter.
- Includes voting for each download.
- Includes download categories.
- Administrators can manage downloads.
- Built-in support forum for each download.
- Template can be customized in several ways.
- Image preview for each download.
- Filter downloads with an internal search engine.
- Administrators can define the types of file extensions supported.
- User can track his or her downloads from their user profile.
- User can receive email notifications on newly submitted support questions.
Pro Version Features
Pro Version Detailed Feature List
- Multiple-File Upload- Ability to upload multiple files to download page. Each file can have his own title. The files can be zipped automatic or downloaded separately.
- MicroPayment – Grant or Charge virtual currency based on use-case.
- NEW: User Groups Permissions- Set access control based on users groups. Admin can define global settings while user can define access settings per each download
- Social Media Registration Integration- Integrates with Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn. View Image One, View Image 2
- Shortcodes/Widgets- Generates top level contributors list, recent updates, and in most cases, a download items list.
- View Restriction- Defines according to each download whether or not it is open to non-logged in users. If only logged in users are allowed, administrators can also define whose user roles can view specific downloads. This can be set by Admin or you can give the user ability to custom define their view. View Image
- Password Protection- Protects downloads with passwords. View Image
- Upload Restrictions- Defines which user roles can create new downloads. View Image
- URL / Shortcode- Allows the inclusion of an external URL or a Shortcode in download page instead of uploading a file. This is useful for integration with other plugins for support with checkout shopping carts and for selling downloads. View Example of EDD integration , View Example of User Selection
- Related Downloads- Show Related downloads on the Download page. View Image
- Downloads Page Tabs- Shows more tabs for detailed download descriptions on the Download page, which the admin can control in the settings.
- Search- Filters search results by date, download type and username.
- Moderate User Comments- Administators can moderate user comments. View Image
- Auto-Approve Comments and Answers from Users- Administrators can define a list of users who do not need any moderation. View Image
- Multisite- Supports multisite.
- Public User Profile- Automatically generates a public profile page that contains the number of downloads each user has posted with a link to his or her social media profile. View Image
- Gravatar – Ability to show a Gravatar near the user name and in user profile. View Image
- Order Comments – Shows comments on the Download page in either ascending or descending order.
- Localization Support – Frontend (user side) is localized/
- View Count – Shows view count for each download and lets you control how the view count is tabulated (by view or by session)
- Permalinks – Ability to change permalink from /cmdownloads to a user defined directory.
- Support Tab – Ability to remove support forum and also other tabs from the Download page.
- Slide Show – Ability to turn off the slide show.
- Disclaimer – Add an option to show a disclaimer for first time users.
- Gratitude Message – Does not include the CMinds Gratitude message in the footer.
- External Viewer – Adds external links to Google Docs viewer for supported Google Docs document types.
- MP3 Viewer – Adds an embedded mp3 player for listening to music files.
- Downloads Index Views – Option to toggle between a list view and a tiles view of your downloads.
- Social Share – Includes a social share widget in the question page.
Downloads, forum, splunkbase, comments, Apps, Archives, Apps Management, Apps Download, Apps directory, Download Management, Download Directory, Download Plugin, Downloads Plugin, Add-on, Add-on management, Add-on directory, addon, directory plugin, wordpress directory, wordpress directory plugin, directory plugin, link dir, link directory, website plugin directory, counter, download counter, hits, hits counter, rate, rating, customer service, customer support, document management plugin, download tracker, download counter, download manager, download monitor, file management plugin, file manager, mp3, music, support, ajax, comments, facebook, google, images, shortcode, sidebar, social, twitter, widget, widgets, video
Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | YouTube | Pinterest | FaceBook
Suggested Plugins by CreativeMinds
- CM Ad Changer – Manage, Track and Report Advertising Campaigns Across Sites. Can turn your Turn your WP into an Ad Server
- CM Super ToolTip Glossary – Easily creates a Glossary, Encyclopaedia or Dictionary of your website’s terms and shows them as a tooltip in posts and pages when hovering. With many more powerful features.
- CM Download Manager – Allows users to upload, manage, track and support documents or files in a download directory listing database for others to contribute, use and comment upon.
- CM Answers Plugin – A fully-featured WordPress Questions & Answers Plugin that allows you to build multiple discussion forum systems Just like StackOverflow, Yahoo Answers and Quora, Now with MicroPayment and Anonymous posting support!.
- CM MicroPayments – Adds the in-site support for your own “virtual currency”. The purpose of this plugin is to allow in-site transactions without the necessity of processing the external payments each time (quicker & easier). Developers can use it as a platform to integrate with their own plugins.
- CM Restrict Content – A full-featured, powerful membership solution and content restriction plugin for WordPress. Support access by role to content on your site.
- CM OnBoarding – Superb Guidance tool which improves the online experience and
the user satisfaction.
- CM Booking Calendar – Customers can easily schedule appointments and pay for them directly through your website.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Manage your CM Download Manager from Left Side Admin Menu
- All download are located on /cmdownloads/
- User dashboard is located on /cmdownload/dashboard/
- Before adding first download please define download categories
Note: You must have a call to wp_head() in your template in order for the JS plugin files to work properly. If your theme does not support this you will need to link to these files manually in your theme (not recommended).
How can I customize the look & feel of the plugin?
In your template you can create a directory called “CMDM”. Inside this you can place a structure that is similar to the one inside “cm-download-manager/views/frontend/”. If the file can be found in your template directory, then it will have a priority. Otherwise, the default file from the plugin directory will be used.
Contributors & Developers
“CM Download Manager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “CM Download Manager” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date: 27th Feb 2023
- added function for automatically detects and fixes the 404 issues after permalink changes
Release Date: 10th Nov 2022
- update support links
Release Date: 6th Sep 2022
- Security fix
Release Date: 1st Sep 2022
- Security fix
Release Date: 25th August 2022
- Change in documentation link
Release Date: 5th Oct 2018
- Fixed bug on plugin installation
Release Date: 23rd May 2018
- Add GDPR support
Release Date: 5th April 2018
- Fixed session_start() PHP warning
- Added Italian translation po/mo files.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the changelog on cminds.com