Provides a new dashboard widget to display all registered dashboard widgets and enables to remove the other dashboard widgets individually
for all or selected roles (i.e. even from the screen options) in order to avoid irritation of your clients or other site contributors.
When checked indiviually, widgets will be highlighted for identification of unknown widget names.
The intention is to avoid confusion how to handle the screen options to not show or how to interpret unknown or uninteresting dashboard widget content.
This plugin is self explanatory and can be accessed through the admin dashboard.
When will Q&As be available?
As soon as questions will have been raised…
Contributors & Developers
“Dashboard Widgets Control” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Dashboard Widgets Control” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Dashboard Widgets Control” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Tooltips optimization.
- Global strings translation optimized.
- Tested successfully with WordPress 5.7.2.
- Correction: Achieve functional independence from widget position in the admin dashboard.
- Compatibility improvement #1 for PHP 8.0.
- Minor code correction.
- Minor code improvements.
- Tested ok with WordPress 5.7.
- Smoothing of tooltips and more intuitive use of proper cursor styles.
- Coding optimization.
- Code improvements.
- Tooltips added.
- Added small button in the dashboard widget header to toggle highlighting also from there.
- Additional hint/help for horizontal table moving on small screens.
- Further optimized table format for small screens incl. horizontal moving.
- On bulk deselect, remove the highlighting of the plugin and its list item as well (in case it was highlighted).
- Tested ok with WordPress 5.6.2.
- Pressing an individual widget ID table cell will toggle the highlighting of list items and related dashboard widgets (if currently visible) to reveal unknown widget names.
- Optimized the highlighting.
- Highlighting will not only concerrn the dashboard widgets but their respective list items as well.
- Indication of dashboard widgets removed in own dashboard.
- Table format further optimized.
- Added a transparency feature to highlight all selected dashboard widgets (if they are currently visible) upon form “Reset…” and “Select/Deselect all”.
- Added to display the dashboard widget title.
- Clear initial activation message.
- Added help tab on admin dashboard page to explain plugin usage.
- Improved some plugin-texts
- Added immediate marking of the related dashboard plugin upon individual checkbox check to reveal unknown widget names.
- Minor table formatting improvements for small screens.
- Added the option to remove dashboard widgets for all or certain roles.
- Optimized the input data sanitization and the uniqueness of function names.
- First stable version with all initial features.