When you have lots of new user sign-ups or comments every day, it’s very distracting to receive a single email for each new event.
With this plugin you get a daily or weekly digest of your website’s activity. The digest includes the following events:
- New Core Updates
- New comments that need to be moderated (depending on your settings under ‘Settings’ -> ‘Discussion’)
- New user sign-ups
- Password resets by users
If you would like to contribute to this plugin, report an issue or anything like that, please note that we develop this plugin on GitHub. Please submit pull requests to the develop branch.
Developed by required.
- Upload the entire
/digestdirectory to the
- Activate Digest Notifications through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Head over to ‘Settings’ -> ‘General’ to configure the digest schedule.
What’s the default schedule?
By default, the digest is sent at the beginning of the week at 18:00.
I still get single notification emails for event X!
This plugin relies on specific hooks and filters in WordPress and also overrides two pluggable functions for user sign-ups and password reset notifications. If another plugin already overrides these, we can’t include these events in the digest.
How can I add something to the digest?
The plugin is quite extensible. There are many well documented hooks developers can use to add something to the digest queue and modify the complete email message.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Digest Notifications” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Digest Notifications” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Digest Notifications” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
2.0.0 – 2021-06-02
- Changed: Plugin rewrite
- Changed: Tested with WordPress 5.7
- Changed: Bump minimum requirements to WordPress 4.7 and PHP 5.6
1.2.1 – 2015-10-06
- Fixed: A small issue with password notifications emails in WordPress 4.3.1. The behaviour changed slightly in that release.
1.2.0 – 2015-09-02
- Fixed: Supports the new password notification emails introduced in WordPress 4.3
- Enhancement: Began writing user tests to ensure compatibility.
1.1.0 – 2015-06-30
- Enhancement: Don’t include already processed items in the email.
1.0.0 – 2015-06-25
- First release