The Plugin enhances the capabilities of the Windows Application “WordPress Drive”. If installed on a WordPress site WordPressDrive is able to use these additional features:
- getting (file) size information
- populating custom post types to WordPressDrive (REST API)
- replacing/modifying media files 1
- restrict media file modification by role and capability
1 Most of the code for media replace is taken from the plugin “Easy Replace Image” https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-replace-image by Iulia Cazan
The windows application
WordPressDrive is a Windows Userspace Filesystem, that lets you access any WordPress Site, that supports the WordPress REST API (default) as a Windows Drive (Share).
Posts and Pages are organized in Folders as HTML Files. Media File types are represented by their file type depending from extension.
The Application starts as a taskbar icon, all user interaction can be started from there. Working with WordPress data happens with the standard Windows tools (Explorer, CMD, …).
You can download the installation Files of WordPressDrive from here:
Find the sourcecode here:
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
0.5 – Initial release.
Wp Driveto the
/wp-content/plugins/directory of your application
- Login as Admin
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Drive Wp” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Drive Wp” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Allow to populate custom post types to REST API
- Allow to replace file with a new uploaded image via REST API
- Allow to restrict media file replace by role and capability
- Add (file) size information to REST API