eliminate-render-blocking-css.com provides an API for extracting the
critical path css from your site. This plugin inlines the results for every page
in your header section and deferres the loading of the rest of the styles.
You have to create a free account,
to be be able to use this plugin. Generation of critical path css is always free
for your front-page.
- Eliminate render-blocking CSS on your front-page. Use a premium account to
include critical CSS for all your pages and both desktop and mobile
- Unobstrusive generating and loading of the critcal css, falling back to your
common CSS, when the service shouldn’t be available
- Automated deferred CSS loading, when you are using the standard WordPress
style loaders (
- Following Googles recommendations on loading critical CSS to 100%
- Critical CSS caching, both in your sites transients and on
- Background cache refreshing. One time cached, your site always gets a cached
version, silently refreshed, when the caching interval ends
- Create a free account on eliminate-render-blocking-css.com
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/eliminate-render-blocking-cssdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Eliminate render-blocking CSS screen to configure the plugin with API key and secret
- How do you generate the critical CSS
To generate the critical CSS we use the awesome “critical” npm module
by Addy Osmani. The Eliminate render-blocking CSS service takes care of generating
the critical CSS for all of your pages and different screen sizes, plus caching
and delivering the above the fold styling in an efficient way.
- What if the generated critical CSS isn’t working for my page
Sometimes the generated CSS is not covering 100% of your above the fold content.
That can be caused of lazy-loading elements, fading transitions, odd
device-sizes etc. To perfectly adjust the inlined CSS to your needs you can use
the “Additional CSS” text area on the settings page. All CSS you include there
will be added to the generated critical styles.
- How do I use the premium service
Just head over to eliminate-render-blocking-css.com and upgrade your account.
Contributors & Developers
“Eliminate Render Blocking CSS” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial plugin version with critical css generation and deferred styles loading