This plugin adds a section to your Settings menu in the wp-admin section. Through that section you can perform two tasks:
- A scripted, one-time action updating all of the posts in your blog that do not have a featured image where the script will either try to find a suitable image to use or use one you have provided and configure it for you.
- An ongoing, continuous monitoring for posts that do not have a featured image, using the same logic to try and find a suitable featured image and setting that for the post.
You can find additional documentation for this plugin on the author’s blog blog.nickleghorn.com
Special thanks to Robert Farago for giving me yet another massive site without any Featured Images to clean up for the impetus to finally make this available.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Featured Image Bulk Set Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Featured Image Bulk Set Plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Testing for WP 6.0
- Fixed an issue where output was not being presented correctly to the end user.
- Update readme
- Tested stable release of changes in 1.4.1 and 1.4.2
- Fixed a bug that would cause no posts to be returned from the query of the post DB
- Added the ability to exclude drafts in posts that get featured images
- Moved post checking items into their own function
- Added configurable options to the script
- Added the ability to automatically have every post update with a featured image, checked every time the page is loaded
- Added unique identifier to function name
- Added input sanitization and output escaping as per the WordPress plugin security standards
- Connected the image override function
- Moved image validation to a seperate function, and validate that image is actually an image before assigning
- First version!