IYBI is a creative digital agency based in Sydney. With several clients in the music industry, we saw a real need for a user-friendly tool which allows artists to manage and display a calendar of gigs on their websites. The WordPress Happy Gig Calendar allows artists to quickly and easily create a gig listing including date, time, title, location, description and link to purchase tickets, with the option of including images.
- Ability to set start and end date for gig spanning several days
- Ability to include images, videos, text styling, links and shortcodes in Gig Description with the WordPress WYSIWYG editor
- A duplicate function on existing gigs
- Includes a widget with the ability to set the number of gigs shown
- The ability to view all gigs in the past through an archive
- Advanced shortcode options allowing you to display gigs in a particular date range or by specific gig ID
The WordPress Happy Gig Calendar can be placed on any page or post on your site using the shortcode or featured as a sidebar widget.
Requires WordPress 3.3 higher.
- Upload the folder ‘wordpress-gig-calendar’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory,
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Insert the shortcode [wpgigs] wherever you want the calendar to appear (advanced display options in documentation).
- Start adding gigs through the ‘WordPress Happy Gig Calendar’ menu.
- How do I insert WordPress Happy Gig Calendar on my site?
Place the short code [wpgigs] in the desired location.
- How do I style text and images in my gig descriptions?
With the WordPress WYSIWYG editor, the same as you would do on a page or post.
- What happens if I have more than one gig on the same day?
Gigs are only sorted by date (not time) so they will appear in the order you uploaded them.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Happy Gig Calendar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress Happy Gig Calendar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First working version of our new gig calendar.