Limiting the cookie expire time of password protected posts. By default the cookie set when entering a password to access a password-protected post will be active for 10 days. This plugin turns this cookie into a session-based cookie. This means your visitor will need to re-enter the password if the browser was closed prior to revisiting the post.
By following these instruction, you’ll be able to install Instant Cookie Expire.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/instant-cookie-expiredirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- I closed the browsertab and opened a new one, but your plugin does not work?
This is expected behaviour. Since the cookie works session-based, a password won’t be requested again unless the user closes the browser entirely.
Contributors & Developers
“Instant Cookie Expire” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Instant Cookie Expire” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Altered the plugin code. Thanks to the suggestions of pjherrel.
- Updated the description for WordPress 4.6
- First release.