Laiser Tag Plus from PCIS provides integration between your WordPress site and the Open Calais web service. Laiser Tag Plus fetches semantic data (people, places, events, etc.) relevant to your content post that you can use as tags to better categorize, sort and identify it. Laiser Tag Plus will also use these tags to search Flickr for appropriately licensed images for you to use in your blog posts. Laiser Tag Plus also provides support for the Open Calais Company PermID tags. These tags are denoted by an orange stripe, or can be filtered via the dropdown menu in the tag suggestion box. Company tags found within the content of a post will automatically link to their PermID page which includes the company information.
- Automated tag suggestions when creating/editing WordPress content, ideal for blogs or sites where authors want direct control over how they structure each content item they create.
- Open Calais API integration including PermID tags
- Flickr related image suggestions
- Customized tag additions
When writing blog posts, click the “Suggest Tags” link at any time to fetch appropriate tags and photos for the post.
You can select a paragraph or part of the post and click the ‘Suggest Tags’ to fetch fetch appropriate tags and photos for only selected text.
You can enter your own tags, or use tags suggested by Laiser Tag Plus. You can drag tags from the suggested tags list to the Post Tags area, or click on them to add them.
You can also drag tags up to the Laiser Tag Plus images list and Laiser Tag Plus will search Flickr for photos for that tag. You can sort the returned photos by interestingness, date take and date posted.
Laiser Tag automatically tags existing and created content based on a user-selectable level of relevance, no user interaction required. The plugin operates automatically, and is particularly useful for sites with large existing content libraries, syndication, or for users who wish to use the Laiser Tag Insights plugin to visualize their organic search and structured content performance.
Laiser Tag Insights*
Measure the benefits of your structured content by linking your Google Webmaster account to Laiser Tag Insights to visualize organic search and content performance. Identify trends and content that is resonating with your audience.
*requires the Laiser Tag WordPress Plugin
- Download the plugin archive and expand it (you’ve likely already done this).
- Upload the laiser-tag-plus directory to your wp-content/plugins directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for Laiser Tag Plus.
- Go to Settings > Laiser Tag Plus and follow the instructions to register for your Calais API key.
- Enter your API key, set your preferences for allowing your content to be indexed or not, and press the Update Laiser Tag Plus Options button.
- Congratulations, you’ve just installed Laiser Tag Plus!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Laiser Tag Plus” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated documentation
- Fixed an issue where Open Calais adds ‘Draft:’ before tag names