When using the Staging site on WP Engine, you may want to prevent the staging version of your site from sending emails to your site users. This plugin redirects all emails to the site admin.
This plugin should be activated on your Production site. Don’t worry — it won’t do anything unless it is active on Staging site. Once you create a new copy of your Staging site, the plugin will start taking effect there.
This plugin is compatible with WordPress Multisite. If you’re using it in a Multisite environment, it is recommended to either Network Activate the plugin, or follow the instructions for installing it to the
- Upload the
redirect-emails-on-stagingfolder to your
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
Advanced installation (
- Upload just the
redirect-emails-on-staging.phpfile to your
- That’s it… the plugin is already activated! Take a look under Plugins > Must Use
Where do I find the Site Admin email?
On a normal WordPress installation, go to the Dashboard, then to Settings > General. Look for the “E-mail Address” field.
On a Multisite WordPress installation, go to the Network Dashboard, then to Settings > Network Settings. Look for the “Network Admin Email” field.
What if I forget to install this plugin when I recreate my Staging Site?
It is recommended to activate this plugin on your Production site. It won’t have any affect on your Production site email, and then when you go to recreate your Staging site, it will already be activated and working.
Contributors & Developers
“Redirect Emails on Staging” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.2.0 – 2022-03-18
- Add – Native wp_get_environment_type() support.
- Add – Support for checking with Jetpack for staging.
- Add – Support for modifying CC and BCC lists in emails.
- Dev – Add separate changelog file.
- Dev – add automated build process.
- Tweak – WP 5.9 compatibility.
- Under-the-hood change: use a class for the main plugin functionality
- Check PHP version with an activation hook
- Update the “Tested up to” tag
- Created the plugin