The plugin “Theatre WP” helps developers and designers who use WordPress to create websites for troupes and Performing Arts Companies.
Theatre WP is intended for designers and developers using WordPress to set up a performing arts company website.
This plugin provides productions and performances (gigs) management.
What does the plugin include?
- Custom posts for Productions, Performances and Sponsors
- Widget for upcoming Performances of a particular Show
- Widget for upcoming Performances in general
- Widget for Production Sponsors
- Adapted to the basic needs of most Theatre Companies
- Organized and well-structured information for Shows and Performances to facilitate their management and accessibility
- Independent of the theme used in WordPress
- Open to improvements and suggestions
- A Sage Theme
Notes for developers/designers
There are six templates within the plugin as examples to use it in your custom theme:
single-spectacle.php# Single Show page
single-performance.php# Single Performance page
archive-spectacle.php# List of available Shows
archive-performance.php# List of available Performances
check-dates-form.php# To filter performances by date
taxonomy-format.php# Productions by category
You can copy the files located in includes/templates within the plugin directory to your theme’s directory and modify it to your liking.
Define TWP_THEME constant in your theme if using the templates to avoid duplicate content:
define( 'TWP_THEME', true );
Have a look into
classes/theatrewp/class-theatrewp.php for functions to use in your templates.
Use automatic installer
Does someone have a question?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Theatre WP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Theatre WP” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Code refactor
- Classes autoload
- Small fixes
- Fix missing sponsors functions
- Pass $first_available_year and $last_available_year to get_calendar_data()
- Little fixes
- Localization fixes
- Tickets information fixes
- WordPress 4.7
- New setup option: Google Maps API
- Set desired thumbnail size in $theatre_wp->get_spectacle_data
- New template function to get the featured image in all available sizes (get_spectacle_thumbnail)
- Enable “tag” taxonomy for shows
- Added get_busy_dates
- Added tickets options for performances
- Fix. Display future years in performaces select box
- WordPress 4.6
- Fix limit in performances widget
- Added missing performance region field
- Fix options saving
- First extensible filter: twp_define_audiences
- Tabbed options panel
- Select the number of performances to display in upcoming performances widget
- Fix datepicker in performances (by now it supports default WordPress date formats)
- Fix draft performances displaying
- Fix performance map language
- French translation (merci to Jean-Bernard Huet)
- WordPress 4.4
- Fix productions list in admin with multiple languages
- Fix custom posts dashboard icons
- WordPress 4.3
- New option to select sponsors in spectacle edition as list instead of check boxes
- Minor bugfixes
Full changelog in the plugin website