Userlike is a live chat plugin for WordPress that allows you to connect with your customers directly via website chat and messaging apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram, Threema and SMS.
The plugin is free, easy to implement and lets you chat with your website visitors within minutes.
Why live chat?
Live chat is one of the most popular customer communication channels. It is the perfect channel to talk to your website visitors and guide them along their entire customer journey. Answer your customers’ questions about your products or services in real time and support them during the checkout process.
This allows you to generate more leads, raise your conversion rates and increase customer satisfaction.
Userlike is the leading German provider of live chat software on comparison platforms such as Capterra, G2Crowd and Social Compare. Notable brands such as BMW and Hermes are already using Userlike in their customer communication.
- Message Center as central hub for all your customer chats from different channels
- Full Messenger customization with a chat window tailored to your web design
- Canned messages (chat macros) for common questions and scenarios
- Server and hosting in Germany
- GDPR-compliant, including dedicated data privacy features
- Integrations with messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp Telegram and Threema
- Live Translation to chat seamlessly with international customers
- Share and receive various types of media, like images, videos, files and voice messages
- Screen sharing to show what you are each trying to say
- Intelligent routing to connect customers directly to the right contact or operator they have chatted with before
- Browser-based audio & video calls to easily start a call from a chat
- Analytics to measure live chat performance and service quality
- Chatbot like the rule-based Userlike Logic Bot or the option to connect an external AI-powered bot via the Userlike Chatbot API
- Integrations with business tools like Pipedrive and Slack
The Userlike chat plugin for WordPress is free. When you sign up, you can test the premium plan “Team” for 14 days for free. After the trial, you automatically switch to our Free plan. This gives you unlimited website chats and all core features for customer communication in a small team.
Our paid plans are available from $90 per month, including access to messaging apps such WhatsApp, 4 chat agent seats and powerful additional features.
Learn more about how Hermes, Titus and Trusted Shops are working with Userlike to generate more leads and build long-term customer relationships.
- Log in to your WordPress admin, then click on “Add New” under the “Plugins” menu.
- Search for the Userlike plugin, install it, and activate it.
- Go to “Settings” and paste in your Userlike Widget Secret. You’ll find your Widget Secret in the Userlike Dashboard under “Config” – “Widgets” in the “Install” tab, then click on “Credentials for Applications“.
- Remember to save your settings…
- Congratulations! The Userlike Chat Widget is now visible on your WordPress site and you can start chatting! 🚀
Note: You will need a Userlike account:
Create one for free here.
What happens when I’m not online?
When you’re not online, you can decide between a set of behaviors for Userlike’s WordPress live chat plugin. One is to switch your chat to a contact form at which web visitors can leave their question and email address. You can also make the chat plugin disappear completely, or you can activate our chatbot Chat Butler to welcome your web visitors.
Do I need a credit card to sign up?
No, you don’t need to enter any billing info to start your trial. We only ask for your billing info when you decide to upgrade to one of our paid products. You can pay with credit card, or bank transfer / PayPal for yearly subscriptions.
What will happen after the trial?
During the trial you will be using our premium Team package. After the trial, your account is automatically switched to our free product. So no charges or hidden fees. With Userlike Free you can have unlimited chats with your customers. You can always upgrade your account to a premium chat experience during or after the trial.
Do you offer chatbots?
We offer a native chatbot, Chat Butler. When you’re not online, you can set up Chat Butler to welcome your web visitors, to ask them for their question, and to simultaneously notify you or your colleagues to come online. We also offer a chatbot framework through which you can connect your own chatbots.
Can I use Userlike on my mobile phone?
Yes you can. We offer various integrations with helpdesk, CRM, and other business tools.
Contributors & Developers
“Userlike – WordPress Live Chat plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Userlike – WordPress Live Chat plugin” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix potential XSS within admin page
- Update tested version and readme
- Update Support Widget
- Add async parameter to all script tags
- Update youtube video
- Update readme, increase supported WordPress version
- Bump plugin version
- Update readme
- Add additional icons
- Update readme and banner
- Update script tag with async parameter to execute asynchronously with the rest of the page
- Update tested version and readme
- Make all methods public static
- Update wording
- Update readme
- Fix link
- Add direct link to Widget Secret and update readme.txt
- Changed API host
- Updated for new Userlike API (you’ll only need your secret now)
- Removed dependency on cURL support
- has been left out due to distribution issues
- First release