Pretty simple. Just blocks semalt.semalt.com with a 403.
If your web host uses a web server that doesn’t support .htaccess, then this plugin is for you.
If your host supports .htaccess, you should try https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-semalt, as this is the best method.
- Install the WP Block Semalt Plugin
- Activate the plugin
- Stop seeing Semalt in your analytics stats
- I still see semalt sometimes
This plugin was a way to try and catch the low hanging fruit…I’m relying on the ‘HTTP_REFERER’ which isn’t always reliable. Most of the time it will be, but not always.
If your host supports .htaccess, you can try using https://wordpress.org/plugins/block-semalt as a more complete solution.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Block Semalt” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Block Semalt” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- NEW: Added best-seo-offer.com to the URL list
- NEW: Added filter for the URLS to look for
- TWEAK: Does not check on logged in or admin sessions
- Initial Release