AI-Powered Website Accessibility Solution for ADA & WCAG Compliance on WordPress
XCompliant is revolutionizing web accessibility for WordPress stores by implementing cutting edge AI technology to automate the traditionally costly and manual process.
Through XCompliant you can save tens of thousands of dollars paid out to expensive agencies or a from-scratch revamp of every element of your site.
Compliance With Accessibility Regulations
XCompliant enables accessible browsing experience to all your visitors and shoppers while increasing compliance with WCAG 2.1, ATAG 2.0, European EN 301 549 (EAA/EN 301549), ADA, Section 508, and more global accesibility requirements. XCompliant can help with compliance with the following web accessibility legislations:
- Americans Disability Act (ADA)
- European Accessibility Act
- UK Equality Act
Ensure compliance with web accessibility legislation for visitors from the United States of America (USA), Europe (EU) or the United Kingdom (UK)
What does XCompliant do?
- AI POWERED SCREEN-READER ADJUSTMENTS: XCompliant scans and analyzes every element on your website and changes it for screen reader accessibility using contextual understanding and picture recognition. Adjustments include:
- ARIA Attributes
- Roles and Landmarks
- State Controls
- Icons and Buttons
- Alt Tags
- Forms and Validations
- AI POWERED KEYBOARD NAVIGATION ADJUSTMENTS: XCompliant’s Contextual Understanding AI engine matches the behavior, style, and structure of your website’s elements to millions of past experiences, to learn their functionality and provide optimized keyboard navigation and operational functionality to each of them. Keyboard navigation adjustments include:
- Skip Links
- CUSTOMIZABLE UI & DESIGN: XCompliant’s accessibility interface provides seamless experience for your visitor that is personalized to each user’s particular needs, independent of handicap, while also providing a variety of UI and design customizations, such as content, color selections, display options, and orientation.
What support and resources do we provide you or your legal team?
1. CERTIFICATION & STATEMENT: Accessibility statement and compliance audit on request
2. DAILY COMPLIANCE MONITORING: 24-hour automatic maintenance scans of new and updated content
How does XCompliant work?
1. Download and install the XCompliant plugin onto your site.
2. Register an account on our site.
Download and install XCompliant today risk-free.
We recommend using our regular trigger button because it is clear and visible, and is recognized by a lot of visitors worldwide. It is by far the most accessible experience to activate accessible adjustments. However, if you still want to create a custom button that opens the interface, follow these steps:
- Choose your own element that you want to replace with the current accessibility button
- Add the following HTML attribute: data-acsb-custom-trigger=”true”
Here is a handy example of a element that, with the approach above, becomes the XCompliant button:
Click here for XCompliant
Can I run a website audit?
Great news, you can generate website audit whenever you want. This is fully self-serve on our end. You can run a compliance report anytime you’d like using our free testing tool to run an audit report anytime from here: https://xcompliant.com/analysis/
Do you offer accessibility statements and certification?
You get what is called an “Accessibility Statement” within our interface. This statement doubles as a certification that proves your website has undergone the required accessibility procedures. It lists all the adjustments made by XCompliant, browser compatibility, operating system compatibility, assistive technology compatibility, and provides all required information regarding the level of accessibility. I should also mention that the accessibility statement we provide you with is a legal requirement.
How compliant are you with WCAG, ADA, EAA & more?
XCompliant is here to support you in reaching your website compliance with the WCAG 2.1 at the AA Level, in accordance with the US Section 508 and the ADA as well as other global legislations for web accessibility. Having said that, our assistance, guidance, tools and analysis should be in no way deemed to constitute a guarantee, legal advice or service.
Offer Screen-reader & keyboard navigation
Since the screen-readers (for example JAWS, VoiceOver, NVDA) interact directly with the browser and aren’t hosted on the site itself, they rely on the site being WCAG and ADA compliant in order to work (which is where we come in!).
XCompliant provides Automatic Screen-Reader adjustments powered by AI. Our tool uses contextual understanding and image recognition to scan and analyze the functionality of every element on your website and adjust it for screen reader accessibility. This includes Alt Attributes, ARIA Attributes, Icons & Buttons, Forms & Validations, State Controls and more.
Is it possible to Tab through different elements with XCompliant?
The answer here is most usually yes and YES! That being said, this can change a bit from site to site depending on the implementation and specific front-end of each site. We do have a 5-day free trial available on our application which is the absolute best way to see if our Tab function works well on your site(s).
XCompliant scans and analyzes your website using AI technologies. Then, it applies adjustments to support your ADA and WCAG 2.1 compliance. This process takes up to 48 hours from installation. Our AI re-scans for new and revised content to process every 24 hours. The accessibility interface solves 30% of the ADA and WCAG 2.1 requirements immediately. This includes mostly UI and design features such as sizing, colors, and spacing.
The remaining fixes we apply to support your compliance are solved within 48 hours, by our AI that runs in the background and adjusts your website, to make it operable using a screen reader (for blind people) and the Keyboard (for the motor impaired). The AI process includes several solutions: ALT (alternate text) attribute creation for images using image recognition and OCR technologies, form label creation and handling link/button icons using a contextual understanding technology, as well as fixing pop ups, menus, dropdown, forms, and more.
XCompliant will not change a thing for the majority of users. It will only be activated when turned on via the interface (or a Screen-reader if the user is blind), as an overlay to your website, and only to the user’s specific session. Therefore, XCompliant won’t affect your design, UI, or performance at all. The entire process is automated. From remediation to supporting your compliance, no manual work is being done.
Contributors & Developers
“Web Accessibility – Free Accessibility Scan and Audit for ADA & WCAG 2.1 Compliance by XCompliant” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors