This is a lightweight plugin to embed youtube in a way that respects your readers privacy.
It uses the standard wordpress syntax to embed youtube videos from https://www.youtube-nocookie.com instead of http://www.youtube.com so the video is encrypted with https and no cookies are send to track the user.
No special syntax. Just use automatic wordpress embedding introduced in WordPress 2.9. Put the video URL on a new line or (if you want to specify the size) between
[embed]shorcode. More info in the codex.
Uses HTTPS and youtube-nocookie.com for privacy.
- Mobile devices compatibility (HTML5 tag used if the device is compatible)
- Decompress the zip in your plugins directory.
- Activate the plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Youtube Privacy” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Minor update: Added an option panel to switch between
objectfor the sake of compatibility.
- Fix: URL parameters for youtube player are no longer ignored. See the list here.
<object>following W3C recommandations. (Object doesn’t work with Safari mobile/Opera mobile)
- Changed size ratio to 16/9 from 4/3.
- The video controls fade out after a few seconds.
- First release: Juste embed the video from youtube-nocookie with HTTPS in an iframe.