Plugin that allows you to embed details from github just by pasting in the URL as you would any other embed source. Currently supports:
- User profiles
- Project milestone summaries
- Project contributors
The plugin provides very basic styling, but adds classes so you can style as you see fit. If anyone has some ideas for a better default stylesheet – pull requests welcome!
The main development is all going on on GitHub.
You’re free to use this package for free, but if it makes it to your production environment please buy the world a tree.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Paste a Github repo, or user URL into a post, or page
Can I change the layout?
Not yet, we’re hoping to add templating – all contributions welcome!
Contributors & Developers
“Github Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Wrap recent commits in a tag, expanded by default. Props ZjzMisaka on GitHub
- Wrap contributor details in a tag, expanded by default.
- Fix issue where GitHub serves incorrectly sized images for non-avatar users
- Suggest Treeware donations
- Support for authenticating using personal access tokens
- Remove unused code – thanks to https://github.com/pjaudiomv
- New: All responses are now templated thanks to https://github.com/Zebouski
- Include GitHub logo rather than hotlinking to (no-longer supported) repo for image
- Add wp_github_oembed_logo_class filter
- Internal code cleanups
- Remove unnecessary debug code
- Fixes for newer GitHub milestone URLs
- Fix PHP warning that could block contributor embeds.
- Fix Contributor embeds to use correct API call
- Pass correct initial value to credentials filters
- Expire the oEmbed cache daily
- Split API calls into separate class
- Implement milestone summaries
- Implement contributor lists
- Default CSS and more styling
- First release