Get the newest and most advanced WordPress Translation Plugin.
The SiteTran – Translate Your WordPress Site plugin facilitates an easy integration between your WordPress site and SiteTran, a powerful Translation Management System.
SiteTran enables you and your team to work together to translate everything on your WordPress site in a way that is efficient, straightforward, and consistent.
The plugin adds the SiteTran Widget, a language dropdown, to every page of your site, allowing your website’s users to change languages.
Easily get your phrases added to SiteTran. You can use Google Translate or DeepL, and you can also invite your team members to translate or manage the translation process for you, all in SiteTran’s powerful interface.
We manage duplicate content for you, across your entire site. You don’t have to waste time translating the same thing over and over again. By using SiteTran you will save time and money.
Start with our free version. If you go over your free usage limit, you only pay for what you use; no monthly plans!
With inexpensive and scalable usage based pricing, SiteTran is for everyone.
Because we are:
- Easier to use than alternatives
- Less expensive
- Great at facilitating teamwork
🌟 FEATURE LIST
“SiteTran has a lot of features… If you want to explore everything in depth, check out sitetran.com/features“
SiteTran + WordPress Features
- ✅ Fully customizable widget: Make the language dropdown look and feel however you want.
- ✅ No coding needed: Get up and running easily within minutes. Our software will enable you to handle all special translation cases.
- ✅ Customer Support: Speedy customer support that actually cares about you.
- ✅ 100% fully SEO optimized: Get on every search engine in every language. Great for organic traffic. You can translate metadata, and we automatically add hreflang tags and the global lang HTML attribute to pages for you.
- ✅ Search Engine Friendly URLs: We create URLs with your language codes as subdirectories (example.com/es/). Search engines will index all of your translated pages.
- ✅ Works with every theme and all plugins: Translate every possible element, including content generated by other plugins.
- ✅ Unified process: A single interface to manage everything from. Create and update your translations directly on SiteTran.
- ✅ WooCommerce: Easily translate your WooCommerce store.
- ✅ Competitive Pricing: We cost less than the rest. You only pay for what you use if you exceed your free monthly usage.
To see the full list of SiteTran features, click here.
Automatic install is the easiest option. WordPress handles the file transfers for you, you don’t even need to leave your browser.
1. Login to your WordPress site’s Admin Dashboard and navigate to Plugins -> Add New.
2. Search for “SiteTran – Translate Your WordPress Site“.
3. Once you’ve found the plugin you can install it by clicking “Install Now”.
4. You will then need to activate the plugin by clicking the “Activate” button.
Manual Install From WordPress Dashboard
If your server is not connected to the Internet, then you can use this method:
- Download the plugin by clicking on the “Download” button above. A ZIP file will be downloaded.
- Login to your WordPress site’s Admin Dashboard and navigate to Plugins -> Add New.
- Click the “Upload Plugin” button on top.
- Click “Choose File”.
- Select your plugin file.
- Click “Install Now”.
- You can then activate the plugin by clicking “Activate Plugin”.
Installation Using FTP
If you are unable to use any of the methods due to internet connectivity and file permission issues, you can use this method:
- Download the plugin by clicking on the “Download” button above. A ZIP file will be downloaded.
- Unzip the file.
- Launch your favorite FTP client. Such as FileZilla, FireFTP, CyberDuck etc. Some advanced users prefer to use SSH.
- Upload the folder to
- Login to your WordPress site’s Admin Dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins -> Installed Plugins.
- Activate the plugin.
with your SiteTran Account API Key
After completing one of the installations above, you will need to sign up for SiteTran and get your API key (which takes 30 seconds).
- Go to sitetran.com/sign-up to create your account.
- Click the “New Site” button, and create a new SiteTran project, (also known as a site).
- Navigate to Site Manager –> Details –> Auth Keys, and click on the Generate New Key button.
- Give your key a name like “WordPress site”.
- Click “Get Auth Key” and copy your new API key. Keep it private, and store it in a secure place.
- Go to your WordPress Admin Dashboard navigate to the SiteTran Plugin Settings in the Admin Sidebar on the left side.
- In the Authenticate tab, paste your API Key click “Save”.
- After a successful connection, you will be able to start adding phrases and translating.
What is SiteTran?
SiteTran is a modern Translation Management System that aims to make the web more accessible for international users.
SiteTran offers WordPress users the SiteTran – Translate Your WordPress Site, an easy to use and powerful solution for translating their sites.
The tools we build make it possible for everyone to professionally translate their website.
With unlimited access to every feature and paying only for what you use, SiteTran is the smartest way to translate your site.
How will my website’s visitors see the translated content?
Our plugin has a fully customizable language dropdown that enables your users to select a language from your live languages in SiteTran.
You also have the option to automatically detect and switch to your user’s preferred language based on their browser settings.
Is it FREE?
We offer a generous “Free Forever” option that includes:
3,000 translated page views a month.
3,000 stored words.
3,000 machine translation characters.
20 static cache refreshes (for SEO).
If you exceed the free usage, our usage based pricing is extremely affordable, and designed not to hold anyone back from internationalizing.
How does the free version differ from the paid version?
The only difference is that with the paid version you have our scaled pricing which can be found at sitetran.com/pricing#calculator
How much does it cost?
You can check out our pricing at sitetran.com/pricing#calculator
You pay only for what you use, and there’s a generous “Free Forever” option.
What is the quality of the translations?
You can enable Machine Translation for DeepL and for Google Translate. You can set the machine translations to be applied and/or approved automatically. SiteTran allows you to invite anyone you want to help translate your content. You can make certain translators reviewers, which means that they have the ability to approve translations.
It can be helpful to use Machine Translation as a base when translating from scratch, but if you need high quality translations, you will definitely want everything to be reviewed by at least one professional translator.
Can I exclude something from being translated?
Yes. You can remove original phrases from SiteTran, which means that SiteTran won’t translate it. You can also ensure that certain elements in your site are never translated by following these instructions.
Can I modify my translations?
Yes. You can modify or delete any original phrase or translation using SiteTran.
What languages are supported?
Currently, we support the 88 languages below.
If you require a language that we don’t yet have, we can add it for you immediately. This includes languages as well as geographical regions (like es-MX for Spanish in Mexico).
Is it SEO compatible?
We have a number of features that encourage search engines to index your translated content.
You can translate all metadata.
We automatically add hreflang tags and the global lang HTML attribute to each page for you.
We generate static translated pages that are stored in your database and delivered to your end users. (They are generated via our Translation Delivery Network).
What is a Translation Delivery Network (TDN)?
Translation Delivery Networks (TDNs) are rapidly becoming the mainstream way to deliver translated versions of your site to your end users, and especially to search engines.
The main advantage of this is that search engine bots will be able to find and index your translated content. Sometimes, when content is produced dynamically on the front end (the client side), search engine bots have a hard time finding it. With our TDN, you ensure that your translated content will be found.
Will it work with my theme or page builder?
We work with all themes. Here are some popular ones: Astra, Hello Elementor, Twenty Twenty-One.
We work with all page builders. Here are some popular ones: Elementor, Divi, Visual Composer, WP Page Builder, Beaver Builder…
Can I translate content produced by other plugins?
Yes. Absolutely everything on your site can be translated.
Can I translate images?
SiteTran enables you to translate href and src attributes, which means that we can swap out your original images with their translated counterparts. Simply add the URL of your translated image as the translation for the original image’s URL, and SiteTran handles it for you.
Will my posts and pages be duplicated for every language?
We make it so that you don’t need to unnecessarily create and manage lots of additional duplicate posts and pages in your WordPress dashboard for each language. Everything is handled by SiteTran!
I have a lot of plugins. Will this slow down my site?
The SiteTran – Translate Your WordPress Site plugin is super fast and lightweight. It will not slow down your site.
Can I migrate from a different translation plugin to SiteTran?
Absolutely! You can reach out to us and we’ll do our best to help you move your content over.
Can I use SiteTran for more than one website translation?
Yes! You can use SiteTran on as many websites as you want, but you should create a new site for each project. This will allow you to better organize your translated content, and keep your projects separate from each other.
You can share important resources such as Glossaries, Similar Phrases (Translation Memory), and other things across your different sites.
The more usage you have across all sites, the lower our prices get for you, which means you get to take advantage of our discounted pricing as your usage volume increases!
Will I get more traffic with my new translations?
Thanks to our SEO solutions, your translated content will show up on search engines such as Google.
Your website will reach a wider, more diverse and multilingual audience.
Where is my data stored?
Your static translated pages are stored in your WordPress database, and your original phrases and their translations are stored in SiteTran’s data centers.
You own your content. We don’t share your data with anyone unless you’re using machine translation, in which case we need to send your phrases to our machine translation providers, DeepL and/or Google Translate, to get the translations.
Does SiteTran provide support?
Yes, we have a responsive support team.
If you’re having trouble using the SiteTran – Translate Your WordPress Site plugin, check out our help documentation.
If you have a question that wasn’t answered in our help documentation, or in this FAQ, you can contact us.
If you think there’s a bug, please start a topic in the support forum. We’ll be sure to help.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“SiteTran – Translate Your WordPress Site” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release.